Saturday, December 8, 2018

MASTERING SOLIDS, CRAWLING, STANDING OH MY!

Oh boy, it has been a while! I have been super busy with my sweet little baby. Sal is almost a year old (HOW DID THIS HAPPEN) and keeping me on my toes!

MASTERING SOLIDS 
In my last post, FIRST FAMILY VACATION, I talked about Sal's 6 month check up and the goals set by his doctor. Just to recap, our pediatrician wanted Sal to be on all table food with no blending and 24 oz or less of formula a day. I was nervous but SUPER excited to begin. In the beginning, it was slow because only one new food could be introduced every 2-3 days to make sure there were no allergies. Luckily, my son has not shown any reactions to food (knock on wood). Sal was no longer eating blended food by the time he was about 7 1/2 months. Even baby cereal was kicked to the curb after our family vacation.

Now, fast forward a few months, and my sweet baby is about to turn a year old on the 28th. He eats really well and does so with NO teeth. That's right, not even one little tooth yet. However, he is still able to eat turkey meatballs, pasta, grilled cheese, eggs, bread with yogurt, peanut butter sandwiches, fruit with the skin, cheerios (or in our house, they're Joe O's from Trader Joe's), green veggies, and more. Tonight, Sal had the same exact dinner as me and my husband: penne pasta with asparagus and mushrooms in a garlic parmesan lite cream sauce. Granted, I had to sprinkle some cheerios and puffs on his tray, but, none the less, Sal enjoyed the same dinner as us.

CRAWLING & STANDING
Crawling probably started right before we went on our first family vacation and has not stopped. Sal is all over the place! We invested in an enclosed gate to keep him in one place to avoid any boo-boos. He is all over the place. The gate has been really helpful when it comes to standing. Sal will pull himself up to see what's going on and will walk along the perimeter. We are working on taking steps...
He will take some steps holding our hands but isn't ready to let go just yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE POLAR EXPRESS

My husband and I took Sal for his first ever (and ours) Polar Express experience. The only word I can use to explain it is MAGICAL. To beg...